When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monday evening pickup

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
SS Chevelle in primer in the back ground 👍
Actually a 1972 SS 454 El Camino

IMG_5615 - Copy.JPG

I totally agree on the GF/wife thing and tandems. That's why I bought her a separate bike. Now it's fallen upon me to restore that old Raleigh. It was hardly used though.

We tried sailing a small boat together once and I "accidentally" knocked her overboard with the boom to silence the 'noise'. While it was one of my all-time cleverest moves, I paid for it for decades.

Kevin

We have a radiant blue '67 Twinn 5 speed that my wife bought several years ago for a nice price. Because it was a good deal and it might be fun....
We ride it once or twice a year. We do fine on it but would mostly rather ride our own bikes. It lives in our storage unit with other stuff we don't use often. No picture because it's 10 miles away in the storage unit. With low air in the tires and dust on it.

It's in the collection for now. If someone catches us on the right day or it irritates me enough by being in the way we might let it go.

Obviously, I don't know every story in the world about tandem bike people.....but I don't know of ONE couple who routinely use this bike together and has done so for years. Seems like a great romantic idea on the surface, but human nature and gender differences prove otherwise. By the time you get old enough to settle most differences, you risk an accident from weakened bodies/reflexes.

Kevin

Asked a couple once what the fastest way to a divorce is and told them that new tandem they got and 5 years later they still ride by my house and yell still married…lol

Back