When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying 24" "Sting Ray"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Uncle Shish

Finally riding a big boys bike
Any idea what this may have been originally? Serial number points to 53, 54 or 57, but does that seem right?
We bought this for my daughter at the Ann Arbor swap meet quite a few years ago.
I have no idea if it's a repaint or any backstory other than it's a well-loved, cool little bike.
* We added the Nexus 3 speed wheels, modern Sting Ray tires and the seat in these photos.
Other than that it's as we found it. Thanks
347410264_10167586775845363_6065251051270433643_n.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea what this may have been originally? Serial number points to 53, 54 or 57, but does that seem right?
We bought this for my daughter at the Ann Arbor swap meet quite a few years ago.
I have no idea if it's a repaint or any backstory other than it's a well-loved, cool little bike.
* We added the Nexus 3 speed wheels, modern Sting Ray tires and the seat in these photos.
Other than that it's as we found it. Thanks
View attachment 2021803
Looking at the easy bends on the seat stays from seat post to fender bridge, it looks like a middleweight frame, so 1957.
Custom Cruiser.

Last edited:
Looking at the easy bends on the seat stays from seat post to fender bridge, it looks like a middleweight frame, so 1957.
I am always amazed at the amount of knowledge, and the subtle - or not to subtle clues that folks can see that give it away.

Any idea if this was an original color?

Silver mist was a factory color in the 70s, but not in the 50s.
Yes you are correct but I was just answering that it was an original color, I didn't realize he was asking weather it was original to that bike which it is not. It looks a bit off from the Silver mist, was there another name given to the silver mist color at one point?

Yes you are correct but I was just answering that it was an original color, I didn't realize he was asking weather it was original to that bike which it is not. It looks a bit off from the Silver mist, was there another name given to the silver mist color at one point?
I don’t think Schwinn ever modified or renamed that color. That frame obviously was painted, probably in a silver metallic.

Back