When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the leather cleaner conditioner you would recommend for a very dry leather seat?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WCBL

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have an original Troxel seat that is in very good original condition, but it is extremely dry. The leather is pretty clean, as it has been covered with a vinyl seat cover, but it is very dry. I have not sat on the seat because I'm afraid I may damage it. Any suggestions on a recommended leather conditioner? Thanks!

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

That seat looks like there's is a synthetic coating on it. Similar to interior furniture and automotive leather. It's quite different from veg tanned leather or dyed/waxed natural leather.

Surface coating is the most common type of leather finishing process, where a protective layer of polyurethane or acrylic coating is applied to the leather surface. This coating enhances the durability of the leather material, making it resistant to scratches, stains, and water.

That seat looks like there's is a synthetic coating on it. Similar to interior furniture and automotive leather. It's quite different from veg tanned leather or dyed/waxed natural leather.

Surface coating is the most common type of leather finishing process, where a protective layer of polyurethane or acrylic coating is applied to the leather surface. This coating enhances the durability of the leather material, making it resistant to scratches, stains, and water.
Thank you @GTs58 - If there is a coating on the leather, would that require a different type of cleaner or conditioner? Or would that coating possibly prevent the product from even getting through to the leather? I want to improve the condition of the leather, not ruin it. I appreciate the input I have received from everyone. I have not decided which way I will proceed on treating this seat. Thank you.

I have used that Obenhaufs leather preservative, even on the Koroseal saddles, which seems to be some kind of faux pleatherette made out of a coated fabric like material.
So it shouldn’t really do anything for it, since it was developed strictly for genuine leather products.
But, it does seem to help put soften up the material, and make it less prone to cracking from being dried out.
That product is made from beeswax, so it just soaks in, and moisturizes the material, without leaving it oily or greasy.

Back