When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Model T [title]

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Being from Erie, I'm from Cranesville and built some hotrods, I used NY transferable registrations they didn't need to be notarized. They transfer easy into a legal PA title.. The VIN is stamped under the body on the frame rail, to see it the body needs to be unbolted and lifted, the one on the motor didn't fly because the motor might have been changed. Are you hotrodding this or leaving it OG. Looks all OG now. Being into bikes and old cars we've probably met before somewhere around town at a show or something. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Not sure if you are aware but there are legit title companies that advertise in Hemmings and elsewhere that can get you what you need to have the car titled and registered. Georgia is pretty easy so I’ve never had to use one.

Shawn I have used the Georgia titles before and they worked perfect in PA. And completely legal which is very important here in PA.

I am more familiar with the earlier Model Ts (1926 is next to last year of production) but don’t think any of them had a “chassis” number. The number on the engine is the only identifier. The year of chassis is usually determined by physical features such as cast vs. stamped brackets, design of rear axle etc. Many of the parts are interchangeable throughout almost all years of production so it can be challenge figuring things out.

I just googled it and the vin on a 26 T is stamped on the right side frame rail under the floor boards, to see it the body has to be lifted or floor boards removed. I usually only used the bodies for hotrods, when we removed them you could see that no. I tried using the engine no. and PA DOT denied it for transfer.

Last edited:
Shawn I have used the Georgia titles before and they worked perfect in PA. And completely legal which is very important here in PA.
Being in Georgia all I had to do was have a member of law enforcement physically verify, and run, the VIN to make sure it wasn't stolen and fill out a form which I then took to the DMV to get my title/registration.

Being in Georgia all I had to do was have a member of law enforcement physically verify, and run, the VIN to make sure it wasn't stolen and fill out a form which I then took to the DMV to get my title/registration.
Shawn, Glad you were able to simply "jump a couple of hoops" and get it done in Georgia.

In other states it's not so easy. As a Hot Rod, Classic Car, and Vintage Trailer guy I need to address this issue often on buys/sells. For my money and health, I "never go to the DMV with any out of the normal issues". Fortunately, our state allows licensed DMV services. They are privately owned and operated and tack their extra fees (from $35 to $50 depending on transaction) onto the normal DMV fee. The advantage is you walk into an office, tell them your problem, present whatever paperwork you might have (or missing), and they tell you the easiest, fastest, cheapest way to get it done. They handle everything. The state DMV wants to make it as difficult as possible; the Private Services make it as easy as possible. My local AAA is only permitted to do the simple DMV registration transactions.

John

Back