When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest addition / 80' Chrome Voyageur 11.8

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

silvercruz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Shared my collection last week and now adding another 11.8, couldn't help myself, was way too nice to pass up.
Museum quality, LOW miles, rarely ridden, only flaw is decal degradation.
Still has original Super Record tires! (will replace)
Complete and all original with added Huret odometer. (Not sure if I'll remove)
Pic by lake is yesterday's mods. Saddle, bar tape, safety levers, brake pads, toe clip removal.
Other pics from seller before mods.
Maiden ride at my local park yesterday. Smooooth.
**Can anyone shed light/educate me on the clearcoat on these, safe decal removal procedures etc??
If any of you know of a good 12 step program for obsessive compulsive bicycle collecting disorder...please share!! 🤪
Last bucket list item will be a P15 Paramount...I swear! maybe..
Live to ride, ride to live.
IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Sweet!
The decals on these are notoriously fragile and didn't age well.
I have one in the 23" frame size.
I don't know if they all have it, but mine had a clear coat on it which had become hazy and looked terrible.
I spent an afternoon with denatured alcohol & bronze wool removing it.
Bike looks much better now.
Replacement decals were available. I bought a set for mine. I assume you can still get them.

Hey Eric,
I have a 23" also, love this model.
Curious of the bronze wool, would 0000 steel wool do it? Or is bronze wool the ticket?
Found full set of decals on ebay in UK, but found out they are vinyl reproductions, would you know anyone with full set of original "waterslides"?
Is is it possible that this one is NOT clear coated? It's super clean.
Did you leave yours without decals?

Mine may have been clear coated by a previous owner. I haven't seen others, or heard any discussion about whether this was done by the factory, so don't know any more about that. I used bronze wool as it has less chance of scratching the chrome. Again, I don't have any experience with using steel wool on chrome. I just avoid it as I have the bronze wool.
The decals that I got were also thin vinyl, not waterslide. When I removed the clearcoat, I just worked around the decals and left them be. I've never used the decal set that I bought. I'm considering removing the original decals and just leaving the frame without.
I would check with Gus Salmon to see if he makes a water slide set for the model. I've gotten decals from him in the past and they were excellent.

Back