When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Bike Replica for the Warbirds Of Glory Museum

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I need one of those! I have a Bevin bell with a clover on top. I'm going to try to grind the clover off. It get's painted black, so hopefully it will look 100%
Start a new thread and post photos of the work. I'm curious to see how it may be done and the results.
I had thought of grinding the rivet head to remove the bell. Then heating and hammering the embossing
out, then doing the tin work to smooth it out before painting. Never tried it.

Hi Patrick @WarbirdPatrick

You might want to verify that the badges are not transfers on plain steel backings..

One reason it's not easy to find the embossed badge like you are seaching for is that from (roughly) the end of 1942 to the start of 1944 civilian bikes did not have headbadges, so there are not a lot of civilian equivalents available to use.

Another reason is that the mild steel badges corroded easily.

At one point during the war, some headbadges were applied direct as transfers to the frame, and then the transfers were applied to a mild steel backing of the correct shape. I don't think this backing is embossed, see the photo below. Columbia can be read in the rusted part, but I think this is an artefact of the transfer, not embossing.

I cannot tell if this is the case from your photo, but it's a variation you should be aware of.

Picture Ebay Seller Tim300_4 https://www.ebay.com/itm/3349943369...d=link&campid=5335809022&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
View attachment 1997817

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hello;
Here are 3 mild steel badges from the WW2 era from my collection.
The left is a civilian badge with a transfer.
The middle one is an embossed civilian badge.
The right one is an embossed G519 badge. ( Adrian, you know this one)
Note, that the 2 embossed ones do not have the same lettering characters.

20240303_174649.jpg

The one on the left which is the transfer, is gray lacquered; the others are metal.
20240303_174710.jpg

20240303_175131.jpg

20240303_175123.jpg

20240303_175113.jpg

Regards;
Serge

Hi @DaGasMan

Sorry for the delay (and measurements in mm)

1710789408790.png

Length (blue dimension)12.95mm
Outer Diameter (red dimension) 6.50mm
Inner Diameter (yellow dimension) 13.7mm. Note, this is a measurement of the adjusting screw thread, I didn't want to take everythig to bits.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @WarbirdPatrick

You asked for some dimensions for this badge. I moulded some humid paper across the one on my G519 to get the 'flat' diensions. Again, sorry they measurements in mm

Photo from
1710790276547.png

Overall height 75.5mm
Overall width 80mm
Screw hole distance (centres) 57.5mm

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @DaGasMan

Sorry for the delay (and measurements in mm)

View attachment 2008841

Length (blue dimension)12.95mm
Outer Diameter (red dimension) 6.50mm
Inner Diameter (yellow dimension) 13.7mm. Note, this is a measurement of the adjusting screw thread, I didn't want to take everythig to bits.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Adrian, you are the best my friend. Thank you so much. However, I think there may be a problem with these dimensions.
If the OD red is 6.50mm then I'm not sure if the ID yellow can be greater at 13.7mm even if it is the thread size. No?

It shouldn't be a problem for me anyway, as I do have a pair of the correct adjusting screws.
Provided by the incomparable @Bozman . Thanks Boz. 😎

Last edited:
Hey All,

I know someone out there can help us with finishing our G519 restoration. We are still in need of the correct persons seat, Columbia steel Badge as well as a front fender. That is all we need to be able to get the bike on the road for airshow season. Please help!!!!

Thank you, Patrick.

I should say that this wouldn't have gone down without the help of @fordmike65 , who originally spotted the wheels for sale, and arranged shipping (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Back