When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 63 Stingray May 27 all original bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m not gonna argue and I’m wondering who’s head is in the sand. Please prove that you can tell what day any Schwinn was built before the stamp on the head badges with the actual build date. A simple serial number was stamped on a piece of metal and you can tell when the bike was built from that?
Geez, here HE goes again. I appreciate your dedication to the bicycle hobby, but leave the horse alone.
All it takes is for one person to ask how to date a bike (month / year etc.) and the thread takes off.

Speaking only about the early Schwinn Stingrays here.
Do you really think all those “Schwinn Serial Numbers” were haphazardly compiled? No!
That “simple serial number that was stamped on a piece of metal” does have a meaning.
The characters - letters/numbers tell the Month/Year and day from the grouping listed on that chart.

I’m using one of my Stingrays as an example below.
Assume there were no letters (FA) and there were just numbers instead.
How would you even know what year this bike was. There were long frame Violet Stingrays in 65, 66, 67.
This LH rear drop out information was used by the Factory, Dealers, Owners and Police in the 60’s.

The F stands for June.
The A stands for 1965.
The 57275 is in a group on June 17.

The above Schwinn information is all the collectors have to go with when determining what Stingray they have.
Cheers 🍻

IMG_7271.jpeg

IMG_7026.jpeg

IMG_7101.jpeg

IMG_7077.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

Back