When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Schwinn Motorbike model BA170

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$5900 shipped to you-might be less-adjusting for shipping
Payment Terms
paypal friendly
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Offered here is a 1938 schwinn motorbike model ba170. serial number Y85914. originally found in hamilton ohio-license plate may not be exact period correct for bike but is a reminder of if its roots! bike is red in color-like a dx kind of red. in pictures here or previous 'what did you ride/work on' it looks almost maroon. original paint on the frame and fenders with chips-rubs-patina. tank-rack-fork have been color matched to best color areas-the frame. tank has practical plastic lens. fenders not being primered originally have faded-not an area for match but they are original to bike. bike has been built for riding-'ridden not hidden' themed! has been on many rolling relic rides. wheels are the repro rims selected for having light patina and laced at the rear nos morrow-date not period and front has 1937-9 drum in fantastic shape. brake cable is original but showing age-crackling/dry. lever is web lever-really nice. saddle is mesinger b1 double pan -original pad/skin with frame-comfortable-has great matched look to it-matches bike. stem is early a.s. true razor light patina(has the distinctive 'v' casting above pinch bolt). rear fender deluxe reflector has nice matched patina and the glass has the 'stimsonite' upside down at top. rack has the correct 'marble' reflector for painted rack. has the straight leg miller stand. pedals are torrington #10(near nos condition)-light patina-would clean up-surface patina. handlebar horn button is genuine delta and is hooked up to horn and is working. see detail inside tank-set up for 6volt lantern battery with screw down terminals-ready to blast-get out of my way! light is not hooked up. tank to fender armored cable is by 'cabe's own 'john'-awesome piece. silverray has glass lens. comes with morrow felt pendant and tank toolkit as pictured.
I will not be taking bike apart for shipping but offer a completely intact deliver to lower 48 states by one of several bike delivery services. i have heard nothing but great thing about these guys. sometimes their schedule is crowded or they are on the otherside of the world. you will have to be patient and expect delays-please bear this in mind if you purchase. here in california there is a delivery guy who goes about once a month and is very trustworthy-from norcal to socal is easy-he is familiar with it all. local pick-up possible.
study the pictures and ask questions-don't be afraid to ask anything-i am very easy to get along with-and i have had my rabies shot!
paypal friendly free shipping lower 48 states.
IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

Last edited:
If you would prefer this bike without the drum brake set up(drum-lever-cable)-repro wheels front/rear(morrow)....i have a set of original very light patina wheel set with new departure 'w' front/morrow rear i would trade out and lower the price $1000 (making it $4900!)-shipping arrangement would be the same. don't be afraid to ask for this option! not a problem to change out. actually this option makes the bike seem more totally original-wheels are very nice.

Last edited:
Back