When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found FOUND thx CT prewar front fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
With my recent 1940 Cycle Truck find I want to build the front wheel setup to an Ebike front wheel.
Doing this will require another correct front fork to modify the fork legs to receive the oversized front axle.
Not damaging the OG fork for this project.

Given the need to pedal with a prosthetic, the pedal assist electric front wheel would be helpful.
Hope to be motoring on this at the 5/1 ML swap.

I've converted 2 bikes before and they work great

Dont really need this to be in pristine condition but straight and it would be nice to match the OG black.
Headtube measurement is roughly 13"
20240326_173754.jpg

20240326_173807.jpg

20240326_173813.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_152256_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_160903_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_160742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_161813_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_161330_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Will a Worksman fork get you there? I would suggest you at least consider a front disc brake, with the speed the electric wheel can achieve (20 mph+) and the weight of a CT you have serious momentum to overcome…. Did you look at the Qiroll friction drive kit? Fits the bike behind the BB with no mods….
i considered it for my CT but haven’t pulled the trigger

chuck

Will a Worksman fork get you there? I would suggest you at least consider a front disc brake, with the speed the electric wheel can achieve (20 mph+) and the weight of a CT you have serious momentum to overcome…. Did you look at the Qiroll friction drive kit? Fits the bike behind the BB with no mods….
i considered it for my CT but haven’t pulled the trigger

chuck
Hey Chuck, I would want a 13 1/2" headtube stem fork which apparently may not be the common size of the various models/years CT prewar made.
Maybe they're different lengths due to the frame that has the welded bushing for the largest wrap around headtube basket and the standard large basket without the welded to the top tube.

Have a close friend that has a 1938 year stamped 1939 CT that it's stem is only 11 1/2" or 10 1/2" stem.
His is the non welded bushing frame taking
Not sure of the need to change the fork lengths. Unless the Schwinn Research and Development Dept was still figuring it all out.

To answer your offer with the workman fork, I appreciate it but want a correct CT match.

Honestly my friend likes building poop so he has a 37 girls 20" front fork and another fork that will be cut and fabed to the correct length.

But, please folks let's me know if you have the correct 13 1/2" length prewar fork for me to butcher the fork attachment holes.

If it matters I'll include you in the donor list of the E Bike CT build for the disabled post to come soon...🤯

Last edited:
Love the cycle truck! I’ve got a fork that I could part with. I would sell it outright or trade if you are interested. I’m in need of a cycle truck kickstand if you’ve got one.

Love the cycle truck! I’ve got a fork that I could part with. I would sell it outright or trade if you are interested. I’m in need of a cycle truck kickstand if you’ve got one.
Pm sent

Back